Emily Pearl

baby

Baby Bruns #2

pregnant

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Farewell to my 20's

Yes, I've left them behind and moved on to a new decade. I'm actually not sad about it at all and truly looking forward to this next year... The birth of my first niece or nephew, planning and preparing for my wedding, and then actually marrying the man of my dreams! (I Love You Honey!!!).

So, to celebrate my birthday, my mom attempted to throw me a surprise party on Saturday the 3rd of November. She was supposed to be having a candle party at 3pm that day, but in order to not have me get there early she had Kristen convince me to go shopping with her before the party. Well, Friday afternoon my mom called me to tell me that the candle party was cancelled at the last minute, but maybe Kristen, her, and I could all go see a movie together instead.

My plans for Saturday were to go get my driver's license renewed in the morning, go shopping with Kristen, and then maybe a movie later that afternoon. I went online Friday afternoon at work to see where the driver's license place was and realized that it was closed on Saturday, so I rushed out of the office to go to a different one Friday before they closed. I was successful and decided that I would stop by my mom's house to say hi before I headed home... I walked in the garage door and heard her yelling from the kitchen- "Why are you here, you shouldn't be here!!" She was cooking up a storm for my surprise party that was happening on Saturday (there never was a cande party- it's actually this weekend instead). So I ruined the surprise less than 24 hours before it was supposed to happen. She wasn't very happy with me, but I played along and didn't let on that I knew until after I arrived at the party. I know there was video taken, but not too many pictures. The only picture that I have is of my cake that my future mother-in-law made- it was soooo cute!

Then for my actual birthday Steve and I went downtown Chicago for dinner and to see Phantom of The Opera on Friday night! Dinner was yummy- we went to one of our favorite places Miller's Pub, but the performance of Phantom wasn't as good as I would have hoped- the auctioneer actually messed up his lines in the first scene. We had a good time anyways and got to see the windows all decorated for Christmas at Macy's on State Street!

3 comments:

Weinberg Family said...

Hi Carrie,
When are you getting married? Are you planning to move to TN right away? Is he from there? We had a great time..it is so beautiful there.

Carrie said...

Our wedding date is August 11th next year. We're both from the Chicago area, but decided to get married down there for something different and because it is so beautiful there. We would like to move to TN sometime after the wedding- not quite sure when yet.

We have a website for the wedding too... www.mymemorypage.com/CarrieAndSteve

Weinberg Family said...

I did go to your wedding website. How exciting!! TN is beautiful..I think it would be a great place to live.