Emily Pearl

baby

Baby Bruns #2

pregnant

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Weekend Away...

Well, just about 12 hours ago Steve and I arrived safely back home from a weekend getaway down to our favorite place, The Smokies. We left on Friday afternoon with the camper in tow and headed down south. We had a great time and it feels like we were there for so much longer than we were! The one disappointment was that we didn't get to see any Black Bears :( I guess that we were just a little too early to see them this time...
Douglas Dam- our campground was here
This picture was taken when I was standing up by the dam looking back towards the campground. We did get to see the dam running and it was amazing to see how much water came through there generating power for the area. You can see how low the water is in this picture, but I can assure you that those rocks were all underwater when the dam was running.
Steve at Cooters Garage in Gatlinburg with the General Lee. Yes, he was a Dukes of Hazzard kid... this was a lifelong dream for him :)

Speaking of being a kid... Just had to check and see how cold the water was...

1 comment:

AMANDA said...

Fun times! That door is cool - hopefully I can see it when I am there for the wedding. Too bad I couldn't meet you for lunch on Friday (a little too far of a commute).