Emily Pearl

baby

Baby Bruns #2

pregnant

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Another Tri In The Books

On Sunday 8/26, I completed my fourth Triathlon!!! I finished the Accenture Chicago Triathlon in 3 hours 37 minutes and 10 seconds. The race was a 1500 meter swim (approx 1 mile) in Lake Michigan, then a 40k (approx 26 miles) on Lake Shore Drive, and finally a 10k (approx 6 miles) run along the lakefront. Here are some pictures of me!

Just enjoying a little swim!

Just getting out of the water to go and hop on my bike!!!

Rounding the last corner before the finish line- almost done!!!

Below is the video that was shot while I crossed the finish line. It lasts about 30 seconds and you should start to see me about 15 seconds into it. It's hard to tell that it's me, but I am the third person to cross the line in the video clip- the person that crossed right after me raised her arms up in the air.

Steve and I after the race- he's so proud of me!

3 comments:

Bart Saunders said...

I think the swimming in Lake Michigan for a mile would do me in alone! Very cool pictures and memories! WAY TO GO!!!

Anonymous said...

You rock, Carrie!

Christi said...

Congratulations Carrie! I wish I could do that, I just don't have the committment to train...someday maybe! I've been having fun "catching up" on all your lives. Keep updating the blog!
Christi (Bosma) Conran
http://growingupwithaidan.blogspot.com